Scripture: Acts 10:34-36, "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all."
Observation: Up until this point the disciples had only been sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with the Jews. Now it was time for them to spread the news to the gentiles. Peter has a vision telling him it is ok to share the news with gentiles. In the dream he sees that it is fine for him to eat the unclean food of the gentiles so that he can share the news about Jesus with them. He realizes what Paul will later say in 1 Corinthians, "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." He catches some flack for decision to go to Cornelius's house.
Application: There are people in this world that I don't like. And even groups of people in this world that I don't like. Yet according to this scripture even they need to hear about Jesus. It doesn't matter whether or not I like them, but the fact is that they need Jesus and someone needs to go, that person may very well be me. God does not show favoritism. He uses people from all over the world in different shapes and forms to do his will. Who am I to stop Him? It is not my job to pick and choose who will come, it is my job to share the message of Jesus and let Him do the rest.
Prayer: Father, you alone are worthy of praise. I confess that so many times I get in the way of the work of your Holy Spirit. I get scared or think that someone is too far gone to share your love with. That is not my job, it's my job to be obedient and let you do the rest. I thank you for Jesus. Lord help me not to get in the way of your work today, work through me today but may people see Jesus and not me, Amen. \
If We are the Body:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAWeHo8E70E&feature=PlayList&p=80DA8CAC7E5A8F74&index=0&playnext=1
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment