Scripture: Acts 12
Observation: King Herod seems to be a very ruthless man. He had James put to death and then wanted to get Peter as well. He has him arrested but its the Passover so he decides to wait. Yet during the night an angel of the Lord rescues Peter from prison. He went to John Mark's house and stayed.
Application: The Lord is faithful. Even when we find ourselves in situations that we don't think we can get out of, He can get us out. Peter must have thought that he was dead for sure, but the Lord was not through with him yet and allowed him to be set free. Its easy to trust God when everything is going our way, but what happens when it doesn't? I usually stop trusting Him and start trusting myself. That always leads to trouble. If I am truly going to live this life with Christ and follow him, I must not trust myself. I have to but my faith where I say it is and trust that the Lord is always with me.
Prayer: Lord, you are worthy. I confess that I don't trust you as I ought. Most of the time I trust myself and find myself in situations that could have been avoided if I only had trusted you. I thank you that you are ever faithful, even when I am not. Father, today give me the strength to trust you, Amen.
Trust and Obey:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAXImeSn-A&feature=PlayList&p=B2CCD343309C2EC4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment