Monday, October 5, 2009

Such a Time as This

Scripture: Esther 4:14, "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

Observation: This verse is speaking of Esther the Queen. She herself is a Jew, who has found herself as Queen of a foreign land. The Jews had been taken into captivity by the Assyrians. Esther had basically won a beauty contest to see who would be queen. The book of Esther is the only book in the whole Bible that does not mention God. Yet, it his handiwork is all over it. This was by no mistake that Esther was made queen. She goes on to save her people, the Jews, from a bogus law made by an enemy of the Jews. She would not have been able to do this had she not been queen.

Application: We are all placed on this earth for such a time as this. I have been worried about what I am going to do after graduation. Do I go to seminary or not? What's next? is what I keep worrying about. Yet, the Lord has placed me at Athens State for such a time as this. As long as I am still a student He is not through with me there. I have been placed at The Bridge for such a time as this. There is so much work to be done, with the new building and moving into it. I cannot worry about what's next. I am here for this time and I need to serve the Lord well.

Prayer: Father, You alone are worthy of all honor and praise. I confess that I worry a lot about where you are taking me next and lose sight of where you have placed me now. I thank you that you have placed me at ASU and The Bridge for such a time as this. Give me the strength not to miss my purpose here. May I serve you well until you plant me somewhere else, Amen.

In Me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhygM116OuM

2 comments:

  1. That's inspiring! I really needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zach! I really needed to hear that too. And thanks for the songs.

    ReplyDelete