I read the verses for today but I am not going to blog about them. I am so frustrated at myself. Yesterday I allowed myself to get so worked up about the Bama game. I was watching it with some of my family and we got pretty emotional about it. I go so worked up about the game that I yelled at someone undeservingly. As you know the game went down to the last few seconds with Bama winning on a last second field goal block. Is Bama football worth it? I was so frustrated at myself for getting so upset at stupid football game. I got to thinking later...what if I was this passionate about Jesus? How would that impact, not only my life but others? I think I'm going to take a break from football for a while, I know that I love it but I can't allow it to be more important than Jesus.
Lord, You alone are worthy of all honor and glory. I confess that so many time I allow football to take your place. It is just a game and I should not allow it to get me so worked up as I allow it to. I thank you for your patient grace as you allow me to act a fool and then return to you. Lord may you be the number one spot in my life. I say that, but Lord you must really be that. Father give me the strength to trust you today. I need it to get me through a day when I could just stay at home and sleep, Amen!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment