Father, You alone are God and I thank You for a new morning. There are so many things to accomplish today and so many things to attend to. Father open up the eyes of my heart so that I may hear Your word. Speak to me this morning and I will declare Your praise.
Scripture: Acts 17: 24-28, "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'"
Observation: Paul is in Athens and shares about Christ by using the analogy of the unknown god. The Athenians wanted to be so sure that they hadn't missed a god that they had an unkown god, just in case. He proclaims that the maker of heaven and earth, the Lord, is this unknown God. He is a God who is bigger than temples and is not made by human hands. He alone is God!
Application: God is bigger than I can ever imagine, I don't think about that often. He is bigger than my problems and bigger than me. I seem to always put God in this little box so that I can understand him. As a song I've heard says: "I tried to put you in my little box, but you keep busting hindges and you keep picking locks..." No matter what size box I put God in He always busts out and shows me that He is bigger than anything I can imagine. He is not made by human hands nor can he be understood. Knowone can put their mind around Him. He is God alone!
You Are God Alone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMXpHhr_NkA&feature=related
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment