First of all I have to give all glory and honor to God. I am doing this post at the ASU Library where for the past two weeks I have been unable to sign on to the WiFi. As I sat down for Bible Study I remember that and thought that if the Lord wanted me to be able to do this today that the internet would work, and it opened right up with no problems. Gloria a Dios!!!
Scripture: Acts 4:20, "For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."; Acts 4:29, "Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness."; Acts 4:31. "After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly."
Observation: Peter and John have just been arrested for healing a man crippled from birth. The officials take them into custody because they don't know what else to do with them. During their interogation the Sanhedrin warns them not to speak of this Jesus ever again and they reply, "we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." The impact that Jesus had made on their lives was so strong that no matter what they did they could not help it, words just flowed from their mouths about Him. After Peter and John were released from prison, they did just what they said, they kept telling other s about Jesus. Yet, this time they prayed to the Lord to give them boldness to speak of Jesus.
Application: Has he made that much of an impact on our lives today? Has what he has done for us been so life changing that we cannot help but tell others about Jesus? Do we not just speak about Jesus but pray and ask for the boldness to speak about Him even when it may cost us? We should. Jesus is not someone who we can just forget. If we have allowed Him to make an impact on our lives, we won't be able to talk about anything else.
Prayer: Lord you are worthy of all glory and praise. Thank you for allowing me to spend time in your word this morning by allowing the WiFi to recognize my computer. I confess that I don't speak boldly about what Jesus has done in my life. Give me the boldness today to speak of what Jesus has done in my life and other, Amen!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment