Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Until the Whole World Hears

Scripture: Acts 28:28, "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

Observation: The Gospel was intended for the Jews first and then when they rejected it, it was opened to the Gentiles. Paul here was preaching to the Jews in Rome about Jesus and how he fulfills all of the prophecies in the Law and the Prophets. Some of the people listened but others wouldn't have anything to do with what he was saying. So Paul tells them that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen. They want to hear, whereas the Jews do not.

Application: I think sometimes the Gospel can get over saturated. Meaning that us church folk hear it all the time and we can get apathetic towards it. There is nothing different about the Gospel, its just that sometimes the people we share it with don't want to hear. They are happy with the way thier life is and don't want to change it. Yet, there are people in this world that want to listen. It is our job to get the Gospel to those people. The job cannot be done alone, we must trust the Lord and work together until the whole world hears!

Prayer: Lord Most High you are worthy of all honor and praise! I confess that many times I allow the Gospel to become dry in my heart. I hear it so many times that I can get apathetic about. Father I thank for Jesus and your salvation, thank you for those you sent to me and allowing me to listen and respond to it. Father may the Gospel become fresh again. Pour Your Spirit out and wash me and prepare me to take the Gospel to those who are ready to listen, Amen.

Until the Whole World Hears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxIWulmsDo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

No comments:

Post a Comment