Monday, October 26, 2009

Change Please...

I am not going to blog about the verses for today. I am instead going to blog about the passage John read in service yesterday.

Scripture: Isaiah 43:15-19 "I am the Lord, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator and King. I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses. I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned, their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick. “But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

Observation: By this time in Israel's history they are in captivity. They new it was coming and now they are in it. Life for them has to be horrible. Yet, the Lord remembers His people. He does not leave us where we are at, He is always at work. He knows that He has a promise to keep. He starts by reminding Israel who's in charge, even in capitivity. He reminds them of past experiences, just as he brought them out of Egypt he is going to bring them out of Babylon. He promises them that he is going to do a brand new thing, then he says that he has already begun it. He is going to make for them a highway in the desert, he is going to provide the way for them to get back to where he has for them to be. It was not the Lord's intention for them to be in captivity, yet they chose it by their conduct. The Lord now wants to get them back to the land of promise and back in the middle of his will.

Application: I myself have found myself in the middle of not physical captivity, but a spiritual captivity. So many things are about to change in my life, in May I graduate and who knows after that? I long to be in the middle of God's will. I have been searching and searching for God's will and have not always trusted Him. I find myself in a funk of spiritual blahness. It's not that I don't long for God or don't care but I am in a rut that I need out of. I know that the Lord has plans for my life and he has already begun them. He has been so faithful and I have seen his hand on my life in the past and I know he will come through for my future. The key for me is to keep my eyes on Jesus and trust Him. I need not be afraid of the change that is coming, it is always a good thing. The Lord always takes us places in life that will teach us to either trust him or I he will teach me how to fly.

Prayer: Lord, you alone are worthy of all honor and praise. I confess that I need you and that I don't always keep my eyes on you. I thank you for the change that is coming in my life over the next few months. Change is good and I know you are with me through it. Father, give me the strength to trust you and not be afraid to leave captivity and come home, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment