Thursday, October 1, 2009

God is Good All the Time, and all the time...

Scripture: Psalm 126:3, "The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy".

Observation: The Lord has done great things for me, too many to count. Yet, our praise should not just be because He is good to us, but because of who He is. The Lord is worthy of all our praise, honor and glory. Not because of anything we have done, or anything He has done, but because of who He is.

Application: Here lately I have been having car trouble. The engine in my car is working great, it's the small things that aren't working right. It started about a year ago when I locked my keys in my car. I tried to get in and broke the lock by trying to pic it. Then a few months later the trunk key housing came completely out and the only way to open it was to open it from the inside. Then a few weeks ago my trunk wouldn't even close and I had to zip tie it, so now I can't even get in it. Now my driver side door won't open properly and I have to almost break my shoulder to get out of the car, and use a crow bar to get in it. I am so frustrated at this hunk of steel that I don't know what to do. Yet, the Lord has done great things for me. He is worthy of all my honor and praise.

Prayer: Lord You alone are worthy of my praise. I confess that I don't trust you and give you all the glory even during the frustrating times of my life. I thank you for everything that you have done for me. If it were not for you there is no telling where I would be. Give me the strength today to live my life in praise to your name.


God is Good:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYIyBj6xtc

No comments:

Post a Comment