Scripture: Psalm 138:8, "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever do not abandon the works of your hands."
Observation: We all wonder, "Why am I here and what is my purpose?" This scripture claims to know the answer. He loves us so much that he will not abandon us and he WILL fulfill his purpose for us. We are not here my accident or chance. The Lord has placed us here on this earth for a reason.
Application: I am in my next to last semester of college. In May I will be a college graduate, suddenly thrust into the "real world". "Mommy wow, I'm a big boy now." Yet, as I think ahead to that moment when I shake the ASU President's hand as he gives me my degree I am suddenly frozen in fear of "whats next?" I find comfort in this verse. The Lord will fufill his purpose for me. I may not know that now, but come May I will have a clearer view of what that purpose is. I know I am called to ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My whole life will change this spring and I have to trust the Lord through it.
Prayer: Lord, You are worthy of all glory and honor. I confess that so many times I don't trust you as I ought. I thank you that you will fulfill your purpose for me. Give me the strength to keep on keepin on, and not worry about what the future may hold, Amen.
I Know You're There:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98nG3xH02wo
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment