I should have put this up yesterday but I was all over the place yesterday and barely had time to catch my breath. I guess I was too busy gorging on turkey, dressing, pumpkin and pecan pie, oh yea and can't forget that carrot cake. Yet, I don't know what it means to be thankful for food. I take it for granted. We get together to say thanks and then eat until our eyes bubble and we need a gallon of Milk of Magnesia. Thanksgiving is more than just turkey and a mountain of delicious deserts. We should not just give thanks with our stomachs, but with our hearts. I have so much to be thankful for, the fact that I am alive is a blessing. I am thankful for the grace of God in my life. I don't deserve it but I am so thankful for it. His grace is more than just the forgiveness of sins, that is a big part of it. Yet, it is a daily grace that gets me through that I am thankful for. The grace that allows me to persever and press on when I want to give up. The grace to know that this life is not all there is and I will spend eternity with my creator and King. So on this thanksgiving, I don't want to forget what I am truly thankful for: Jesus!
I'm Alive:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQV8bpNbrHs&feature=related
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment