Scripture: Matthew 18:-21-35
Observation: In this passage Jesus tells a parable of a servant who was unforgiving. The servant owes a million dollars to his master and he knows that he cannot pay it back. He pleads with his master for mercy until he can pay it back. The master shows complete, unmerited mercy and cancels the debt. The servant then finds a fellow servant who owes him 100 dollars. He is unruly with him and throws him in prison until he can pay him back.
Application: I do the same thing. Jesus is ever patient with me, yet I lose my patience with other people. Its wonderful when I am shown grace and mercy from Jesus, but I don't like showing it to other people. We have more of a reason to show grace and mercy to others because it has be given to us.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are worthy of all praise and glory. I confess that I abuse your grace and mercy everyday. I take it for granted. I don't show it to other people. I thank you for grace and mercy, I don't deserve it and that is why it is called grace and mercy. I thank you for the cross from where grace and mercy flow and cover me. Father, give me the strength today to show grace and mercy to others, even when its hard, Amen!
Grace Flows Down:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPNdTowJuc
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment