I have been taking the weekends off from the (enewhope.org/bible) study and have been going through a sermon series by Pastor Mark Driscoll in Seattle, WA. The sermon series is titled Religion Saves and nine other misconceptions. This weeks topic was "The Emerging Church". He talked about four major ways of looking at the church: 1. Emerging Evangelicals, 2. House Church Evangelicals, 3. Emerging Reformers, 4. Emergent Liberals or the Emerging Church. After an overview of what the Emerging Church is he then showed from the Bible what the purpose and call of Christian should be.
Scripture: Acts 17:16-34
Observation: Jesus came to earth as a missionary. Paul goes to the city, Athens, as a missionary (If you want to change the world, you have to reach the city). Paul went to the conversation portals and talked to the people about Jesus. He said that Zeus was not God, Jesus is and he is the creator. He then contends for the Bible and calls people to repentance. People tend to react to Jesus in one of three ways: 1. Contempt, 2. Curiosity, 3. Conversion.
Application: This is the same mission that we have as Christians today. We are to go to where people are and talk to them about Jesus. As I go to school, I am to talk to people about Jesus. I havent' been doing a good job at this. Now is the time for me to repent of that and talk to more people about Jesus. Our goal shouldn't be to put more buts in the seats, or for people to swap churches, but our goal should be to tell as many people as we can about Jesus. We do that in many ways: worship services, internet, facebook, and even here on blogspot. We are to be all about Jesus, the title of my blog says: It's All About Jesus!!!
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are creator of all. I confess that I dont' tell people about you as often as I should. I have taken the approach that I will let my life show you Jesus, but if my life is not reflecting you then people aren't seeing you. Father, give me the boldness to talk about Jesus all day every day, so then my life will change and be more like Jesus so that people hear Jesus on my lips and see Him in my life, Amen!
It's All About Jesus:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFTX80TpZ_4
God of This City:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqQhZKpZVCo
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment