Scripture: Luke 11:33-36, "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you."
Observation: Jesus, in Matthew, calls us the "Light of the World". Here in Luke he says that "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden..." He has not given us salvation just to hoard it and not share it with world. We have the answer to the world's problems but we can't hide it. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. It would be irresponsible of us to hide that truth and not share it.
Application: I need to start sharing the truth of Christ more often. So many times I get caught up in life and hide my light or it gets blown out by the winds of turmoil sweeping around me. Jesus has given me salvaiton, not so that I can hold on to it and keep it for myself. No, I have been given salvation so that others can see the work of Christ in my life, and come to salvation also. To quote John Wesley, "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can". Let Your Light Shine!
Prayer: Father, you alone are worthy of all honor and praise. I confess that so many times I hide the light of your salvation and don't let it shine for others to see. I thank you for your salvation. I know that is not of myself but only by your mercy and grace. Help me today, to let my light shine before others so that they may see you at work in my life and glorify you, Amen.
This Little Light of Mine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFBUgPNcCcE
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment