Monday, September 14, 2009

For the Fame of Your Name

Scripture: Ezekiel 36, Ezekiel 37, Psalm 110, Revelation 19

Observation: "Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes." (Ezekiel 36:22-23, ESV).

"Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD." (Ezekiel 37:14, ESV).

"Hallelujah!For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns." (Revelation 19:6, ESV).


Application: These passages from Ezekiel and Revelation are some of the most famous passages in all of Scripture. The "I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh" verse is used for an OT reference of the doctrine of regeneration, along with John 3 in the NT. Yet I noticed one thing this morning while reading it. Over and over, the Lord kept saying, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act...Then you shall know that I am the LORD..." The reason the Lord renews us and calls us to salvation is not for us, though that is a big part of it. He does want a personal relationship with us. However, the ultimate reason is so that He may be glorified. It is not for us, it is all for Him. He wants the world to know that He keeps his promises, that He is who He says He is.

Prayer: Lord, You reign. Salvation and glory and power belong to You God, Your judgments are true and just. I confess, that I don't always do my best for Your glory. I live for my glory more than I live for Yours. This life is not about me, it is all about You. Lord I thank you that You are who You say You are and that You keep Your promises. You fulfill Your purposes. Father give me the strength to live each day for Your glory, Amen.

Go to www.myspace.com/jonathanlisa and listen to the song titled "My Best for Your Glory".

No comments:

Post a Comment