Scripture: Ezekiel 38-39, Psalm 145, Revelation 20
Observation: I will extol You, my God, O King; And I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works. Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, And I will declare Your greatness. They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness. The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. Slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, And Your saints shall bless You. They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, And talk of Your power, To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, And the glorious majesty of His kingdom. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all £generations. The Lord upholds all who fall. (Psalm 145:1-14, NKJV).
Application: Do I always give credit where credit is due? Not always. Sometimes I take the praise that is due to God and apply it to myself. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, but that is not the reason that He deserves the glory. He deserves the glory, just because he is God. He is “slow to anger and great in mercy”, I have seen that displayed in my life more than I can count. When I have gone my own way he is right there and patiently calls me back to Himself. I need to start giving my praise where it is due. And that is to God. He alone is worthy of all honor and praise. I need to display that not just on Sunday mornings leading worship, but every day of the week. My life has to be worship, not just my lips.
Prayer: Father, You alone are worthy of all honor, glory praise and power. You alone are majestic and Awefull. I confess that my life does not always reflect your praise. I take some of the glory for myself and don’t give it to You where it belongs. I thank you for all you have done for me, but more than that I thank you for being God. Help me today to give you the praise, the honor and the glory, Amen!
Father, Spirit, Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeO6H4U_bMQ
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment