Friday, September 11, 2009

Into A New Land

Scripture: Daniel 1-2, Revelation 16

Observation:
- Daniel 1:2, "And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand..."

- Daniel 1:9, "And God gave Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the chief of the eunuchs"

- Daniel 1:17, "17As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams."

Application:

I only had time time to read two of the chapters for this mornings readings. I read Daniel 1 and Revelation 16. I love the book of Daniel. It is very inspiring for some one who is young like me. It shows that the Lord can and will use anyone despite thier age. Over and Over again in Daniel 1 it says "the Lord gave", "God gave" etc. This shows God's sovreignty. It was the Lord who had allowed Babylong to come into Israel and take them captive. Yet, we have to remember that it was Israel who sinned and the Lord had promised destruction if they kept going. Which they did. However, the Lord was still in control of everthing going on. He allowed Daniel and his three friends to be taken as well. And he gave them learning and skill and wisdom, not for thier glory but for His. God is in control even when I sin, and he uses that sin for my good and His ultimate glory.

Prayer:

Lord, I give you all glory, honor and praise. To you alone it is due. I confess that many times I don't trust Your sovreign hand, but do my own thing. It is then you show me that you love me. I thank You that You are in control of everything, life would be chaos without You. Give me the strength today to trust You in all things. Help me not to trust myself, and help me remember that You have placed me where I am for a reason. It is all for Your glory, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment