Thursday, December 3, 2009

Endurance and Encouragement

Scripture: Romans 15:4, "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

Observation: We have the scriptures for a reason. They were written to encourage us so that we may have hope. A hope that we will not be left as we are, but the hope that God in his sovereignty sent his son to die on a cross for our sins and rising again on the third day sealing the victory over sin, Satan, death and hell. Yet, it also serves a reminder that God is not through with us yet, there is still so much for us to learn and so much to accomplish. Therefore it is an encouragement to endure and persevere, suck it up and keep going even when we have nothing left.

Application: This is where I am at currently. I am almost finished with college, in six months I will be a college graduate! I don't know who should be more afraid, me or everyone else. It's like a 16 year old kid getting his drivers licence. I will have this peace of paper that tells me I am now smart, well maybe not. Anyway less than six months left, I am beginning to freak out. Right now I have a boat load to finish just to get me through this semester and I know next semester will be even tougher. I even have a touch of Senioritis coming on. I needed to hear the word endure. I am at wits end and all I can do is put one foot in front of the other and endure, push through to finish the job. I want to finish well.

Prayer: Sovereign Lord I confess that every day I attempt to live this life on my own. I have a bunch of stuff to do and I don't know how I am going to get it done. I thank you for your grace that allows me to persevere. I ask for that grace today, I cannot finish well without you. You are more than enough for me. I thank you again for your grace that allows me to endure and finish well, I thank you that you have not given up on me and you endure with me and I want to endure to reflect your goodness to everyone around me so that my life will point to you and not to me, I ask for this in the good name of Jesus, Amen!


At Your Feet:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7GjwAbBbs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zach! Looks like you are enduring well in His grace! I pray that things are going great for you now that you've graduated!

    I'm with Called to Youth Ministries, a resource for youth workers and we've been working to build a resource library for youth pastors... Would you mind adding a link to your site to help get the word out? Links are a huge help!

    You could just add the site to your blogroll: http://www.calledtoyouthministry.com/. Or you can use this code:
    Called to Youth Ministry

    Let me know, thanks!!

    Nina Ruth :-)
    nina@calledtoyouthministries.com

    ReplyDelete